We’ve heard it all before, cleansing is the step that starts off our routine and sets our skin up for the products that follow. Whilst cleansers aren’t on your skin for that long [we’ll touch base on that fact later] choosing the right one for your skin type can make a huge difference.

I recently had a facial with Biologique Recherche and before I had the actual facial treatment I had a skin consultation, they used these devices that are applied to your skin which are connected to their computers which can measure things like hydration levels, sebum levels, pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles and so on. It then recommends the products from their range that would be suitable for your skin type and concerns and as part of those results for the cleansing stage of my routine, I was recommended Lait SR.

Lait SR is a gentle cleanser that doesn’t foam and helps to cleanse the skin whilst calming the skin and keeping it balanced. This cleanser can be used to remove makeup but I personally like using it as my main skin cleanser so that my skin gets all of its wonderful skincare properties. As I mentioned earlier how cleansers aren’t on your skin for that long with the Biologique Recherche cleansers you can actually leave them on your skin for a few minutes to make sure your skin is properly cleansed and reaping all of the skincare ingredients from the cleanser.

The biggest thing I learnt from my treatment and consultation was that I was potentially using too harsh cleansers that were stripping my skin and affecting my skin barrier, this has made me opt for more gentle cleansers like Lait SR and has completely changed my routine. My message from this blog post that I would like to share with anyone who reads this is that whilst cleansers aren't on your skin for that long and it can sometimes be the product and step that a lot of people don’t focus too much on, is that it really is a crucial part of any skincare routine and does set your skin up for everything else.

If you can get a skin consultation I would recommend it as the professionals can look at your skin and know what your skin needs, I also think it's important to look at your skin regularly and asses what it needs. It's amazing how just changing my cleanser has changed my skin and whilst I have said it a million times it has assured to me the importance of using the right cleanser for my skin type.

For more information on Biologique Recherche, stockist information and their products Click Here.


*The product mentioned in this post has been gifted to me with no obligation to post, as always the review is my own and the image was taken by myself.