Sometimes it only takes two products, and sometimes I want my routine to be as quick as possible but still maintain the results of a full-length routine, the best way I have found to do this is by using high-quality products and ones that I know work well for my skin.

Ever since I started my skincare routine at the age of thirteen I was always a big fan of exfoliation and it has formed a huge part of my routine ever since, especially as I have gotten older and my skin's natural renewal process has slowed down it has become more and more important.

I have an oily-combination skin type that is prone to texture irregularities and breakouts, exfoliating regularly helps with both those issues but the thing that I have noticed the most is that when I exfoliate, which I normally do in the mornings, my products absorb so much better than when I don't exfoliate which I believe helps them to work better.

I am a big believer in physical exfoliation and I believe that as long as you find one that doesn't irritate your skin and start incorporating it into your routine bit by bit it can be beneficial, one of my current favourites is the Gommage Extraordinaire from La Fervance.

It uses Macadamia Seed Powder, French Quartz Sand and Powder which works to slough away dead skin cells and instantly smooth the texture of the skin, it also adds a beautiful glow to the skin. Once you add water to the product that has been massaged into your skin it turns into an oil that can be easily rinsed away with water. My skin feels so smooth after using this product and does an amazing job at setting my skin up for the products that follow.

Once your skin is properly exfoliated it's nice to follow up with a treatment product, as your skin is exfoliated it will help to absorb the product more. The Eclat Extraordinaire from La Fervance is a great product to use after exfoliating and especially before a big event or anytime your skin needs a boost, it can be used like a mask or a moisturiser but I like it most left on my skin either as the last step before sunscreen or before makeup to give my skin that lit from within glow.

It uses Hyaluronic Acid to draw moisture into the skin and a blend of plant extracts and vitamins to brighten, hydrate and nourish your skin. It also contains 23k Gold particles that immediately give the most beautiful radiant glow to your complexion, it looks really lovely on its own or with makeup on top.

To find out more about the brand and the products as well as stockist information Click Here.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products mentioned have been personally tested by myself and the image was shot and styled by me.