As someone who has dealt with breakouts from their early teens to now early thirties, it's safe to say I have become a custom to dealing with spots on a regular basis. My skin has definitely changed over the years, it has gone from being on the oilier side to the combination side to now borderline normal to dehydrated side. I am a big believer in always taking a good look at your skin and seeing what is going on with it at any given time, my skin can change from temperature changes, stress, diet, and so on. Whilst I try to keep a consistent skincare routine to the best of my ability, I still like incorporating products to trial for this website, whilst always being sure to be using the right products for my skin type.

For the past seventeen years or so I don't think there has ever been a time where I have been completely blemish-free, this is why I am constantly looking for products and ingredients to incorporate into my skincare routine to help target this issue. When I turned thirty towards the end of last year I noticed a huge change in my skin, it was a tad drier than normal but the biggest change I noticed was that I was getting blemish marks left behind my current and previous breakouts. This of course was something that really has bothered me and something that I am still dealing with almost a year later, I am slowly but surely getting on top of it by making sure to include products targeted at breakout-prone skin and ingredients that also target pigmentation.

I have recently started to incorporate two products from Dr. Natasha Cook's range which I have previously tried in the past and have always loved the results I have gotten from them.

I have been using the Concentrated Micropeel which contains a blend of 25% Alpha & Beta Hydroxy Acids, as someone who is a huge fan of exfoliation as I know that it has made the biggest difference to my skin over the years, this product really does work wonders. I use it once or twice a week and it does a great job at keeping my breakouts at bay and the overall texture and tone of my skin even. I only ever use it at night and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels the smoothest it has ever felt, it contains a blend of Lactic, Glycolic, Mandelic, Tartaric and Salicylic Acids which all work together to treat everything from breakouts to pigmentation. I use these ingredients regularly throughout my routine and I always know that they work well for me.

The product itself comes individually wrapped which I personally love as overall it makes it easy to use and I know I am getting the perfect dose of product each time I use it, at night I would typically cleanse or double cleanse and then sweep the product over my entire face being careful to not get it too close to my under eye area. I let it dry for a few minutes and then ill use a face mist and follow up with a hydrating serum and moisturizer, even though I only use this product once or twice a week I can still feel the results of it in the following days.

Click Here To Purchase The Concentrated Micropeel.

As I have had issues with spots for such a long time now I truly know the importance of using targeted treatments, whenever I have a spot pop up or I have one that's being really persistent and won't go away I instantly reach for the Concentrated Spot Destroyer. The product itself comes in a rollerball applicator which can be easily applied directly to your breakouts, it contains a blend of Lactic, Glycolic, Mandelic, Tartaric and Salicylic Acids which as I mentioned above work well for my skin and are well known exfoliating ingredients that help to fight breakouts. I use this product as a targeted treatment wherever I need it and it does an amazing job at calming down my breakouts at keeping them at bay, whilst I use other products as a part of my routine to fight my spots I also like having this on hand for those times where I need an extra hit of blemish-fighting power. 

Click Here To Purchase The Concentrated Spot Destroyer.

Editors note: When using any sort of exfoliating product it's also very important to be wearing sunscreen on a daily basis, no matter rain hail, or shine, or whether you are inside our outdoors to protect your skin on a daily basis.

For more information on the Dr. Natasha Cook products Click Here.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post have been gifted to me for content inclusion, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own and every product mentioned on this site has been personally tested by myself.