I don't know about you but it always seems to amaze me how quick the weather changes, As the weather gets cooler our skin can become drier so it's important to make some small tweaks to your skincare routine to help deal with the sudden change in temperature.

1. Exfoliate:

I am a huge advocate of exfoliating all year round but especially in the winter time, I know in the cooler months my skin can look a bit dull and sometimes I even have a few dry patches popping up. In the shower I like to use the Daily Microfoliant from Dermalogica which I either mix into my cleanser to give it a boost or use it on its own mixed with water.

It contains a rice-based powder that gently exfoliates the skin and instantly brightens the complexion, it also contains Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that work to dissolve dead skin cells and help with the texture and tone of your skin. If I have a bit more time I like to leave it on my skin for as long as possible so I can get all the exfoliating benefits.

Exfoliating regularly will also help the products you use after absorb better and with this product in particular, it is gentle enough to use everyday.
Click Here To Purchase.

2. Add A Hydrating Serum Into Your Routine:

Even though I have an oily combination skin type I like to add a hydrating serum into my routine during the colder months to make sure my skin is hydrated, I like the Skin Hydrating Booster from Dermalogica as it's super lightweight and absorbs instantly into my skin leaving it hydrated but never greasy.

Sometimes I even like to mix a bit of the serum into my moisturiser for an extra dose of hydration.

It contains Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Glycolipids and Algae Extract which all help to restore your skins natural moisture balance, Hyaluronic Acid also works really well at drawing moisture into the skin so whatever you use on top will absorb better.
Click Here To Purchase.

3. Moisturise:

Sounds simple enough but in the winter time it is crucial to moisturise your skin, even if you have an oily skin type. Using a moisturiser after all your serums will help to seal everything in and add an extra dose of hydration to your skin.

I like the Skin Smoothing Cream from Dermalogica as it hydrates my skin, absorbs well and makes a nice base for makeup to go on top of.
Click Here To Purchase.

For more information on Dermalogica Click Here.


Simon x

*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand/pr however all opinions are mine, every product I feature on the site has been tested by myself personally and these are my genuine thoughts on the products.