If your a regular reader of my website and Instagram page (@theskincareobsessive) you will know that I have been incorporating oils into my skincare routine quite heavily in the last few months or so,  I know that there is this beauty myth that if you have oily skin to stay away from oils but the truth of the matter is that your skin produces oil because it hasn't got enough of it and almost goes into survival mode and says ok I'm going to product heaps of oil now.

When you incorporate an oil into your routine it tricks your skin into thinking it has enough oil, therefore it stops producing too much oil. The thing I love most about this process is that your skin still remains with a glow, not too much of a glow just one too make you look healthy and not too greasy.

The latest oil to hit my ever growing beauty cupboard is the Grown Alchemist Antioxidant+ Facial Oil which contains antioxidants that help to protect the skin against free radical damage and essential fatty acids that help nourish the skin. The oil contains one of my personal favourite skincare ingredients Vitamin C which comes from Rosehip, Sea Buckthorn Berry works to nourish and hydrate the skin and improves elasticity, Sweet Almond Oil and Rice Bran are rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 & E and Oryzanol which all work together to improve skin tone and reduce the appearance of age spots.

Borago and Triglycerides help to hydrate, nourish and balance the complexion, Cranberry Seed Oil helps to reduce any damage that has been caused by oxidative stress.

I would personally use this oil at night under my moisturiser and even on top of another serum to get as much nourishment as possible, although if you had a more drier skin type you could also get away with using it in the morning.


This post was a collaboration with Activeskin, to find out about the brands they stock as well as Grown Alchemist Click Here.


Sx.