Retinol is an ingredient that I have been introduced too since I started my site and my oh my am I glad to have it in my life, it's one of the most crucial anti ageing ingredients in skincare products. The latest Retinol product to hit my desk is the Retinol 10 TR Serum from Medik8 which is the brands highest strength formula containing Vitamin A housed in a light weight fast absorbing serum, like I have stated in other blog posts serums are thinner in consistency to moisturisers which means they absorb quicker and can deliver what it needs too deep down into the skin.

This serum also contains Hyaluronic Acid which works to draw and retain moisture in the skin, when the skin is hydrated and plumped fine lines are less visible and the skin just generally looks more hydrated. The serum helps with the appearance of dark spots, skin roughness and hyper pigmentation.

All of this basically means that the skin will be more hydrated and even, making it look younger and healthier.

The thing I love most about using a Retinol product is the way that it helps with the skins natural cell turnover process, your skin naturally renews itself every 28 days and as we get older this process slows down, using a product like this will help the cells to turnover to their best ability, this process allows more newer cells to come forward leaving the skin with a glow and allowing the products that you use thereafter absorb to there best ability, therefore working more efficiently.

Retinol and Vitamin A are quite strong ingredients so I would highly recommend speaking to a beauty therapist before using it and if you are worried about it being to strong for you you can easily start incorporating into your routine 1 - 2 times a week to build up tolerance.

The company recommends the product to people that are already used to using Vitamin A and want to step up their dosage.

The serum contains Pure All-Trans Retinol (1%) that works to improve skin texture and increases hydration, Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from free radical damage and works as a stabiliser for Vitamin A and Safflower Oil is also an antioxidant that moisturises and rejuvenates the complexion.

I only ever use Retinol products at night under my moisturiser and it is really important than when using a serum with it you should always wear an SPF of at least 30 in the mornings to make sure your skin is completely protected.

For more information on Medik8 Click Here.

Sx.