Matis originated in Paris in 1936 when a pharmacist and scientist started developing skincare products and sharing them with the people in his neighbourhood, this led to him opening a boutique and then realising that along with the skincare it was also beneficial to have regular facial treatments, I am a big believer in getting regular treatments as I believe that it's good to have an expert look at your skin and see what it needs. When you get skin treatments they use products and technologies that cannot be replicated in at home treatments so whenever your skin needs a real boost, like when the weather changes or you have some sort of special event coming up I would recommend going in for a skin treatment.

I have been lucky enough to try some of the products from the range and I was immediately impressed, I am a huge lover of French skincare, and I think that there is so much research put into it and as they take their skincare very seriously I honestly think it would be hard to find a product from a french skincare brand that you wouldn't like. The thing I love about these products in particular is whilst they feel very luxurious on the skin and feel very hydrating and nourishing they also combine active ingredients.

I love using active ingredients but I can understand that they can be quite strong, even though I have been using actives for years now my skin can lean more on the sensitive side so it's nice to find a brand like this one that does contain actives but still does a good job of keeping the skin's barrier nourished. I also find with some active products whilst they do what they say on the jar they can sometimes not feel very nice on the skin and with these products they feel so luxurious and lovely on the skin but I am still getting all the benefits of using actives. Below I will talk about my favourites from the range.

Glow Essence Invigorating Radiance Toner: I essentially use this product like a toner or an essence, I use it after cleansing morning and night and I tend to just apply it with my hands and pat it on my skin. As soon as I used this product I fell in love with it, it feels so hydrating and whilst I don't know what the exact fragrance behind it is, it's such a beautiful scent and I know a lot of people are torn when it comes to fragrance in skincare but I like it and it doesn't affect my skin in any way, I just enjoy that sensory experience whilst using my products.

It uses a combination of Vitamin C to brighten and provide antioxidant protection, AHA's gently exfoliate the skin which will help better product absorption for the products you use after it and a Glow Complex floods the skin with minerals and is a detoxifying agent.

Glow Serum Radiance Revealing Serum: This is a lovely serum that is lightweight, absorbs beautifully and sits well with my other products. It gives my skin a nice glow and helps to keep it feeling hydrated and plump. Works well with the above-mentioned Radiance Toner and using them together has done wonders at keeping the texture and tone of my skin even, my oily combination skin has loved this combination.

Glow Aging Wrinkle Correcting Radiance Comfort Cream: This moisturiser is an absolute treat to use on a daily basis, it has this almost souffle like texture to it and immediately leaves my skin feeling hydrated, plumped and brighter.

It uses Hyaluronic Acid to draw and lock moisture into the skin, Vitamin C brightens the skin over time and works as an antioxidant to protect your skin from daily stresses and Exfoliating Enzymes lightly dissolve away dead skin cells to reveal brighter and smoother skin.

Every single time I use this cream I am reminded of how much I love it and how luxurious it feels, it works well with makeup and SPF and all in all it's just a great moisturiser, can be used day or night.

Pure Age Wrinkles Correcting Care: For anyone who has an oily-combination skin that is worried about the signs of ageing showing up [fine lines, texture, dark spots] this would be the product for you and also as those are all my issues, the one product I am using to target them.

This moisturiser has the most beautiful lightweight gel consistency to it that immediately absorbs into the skin and leaves my skin feeling smoother and with the addition of AHA's I have noticed a huge difference in the overall texture of my skin.

I have been using actives for a long time and this cream has easily slotted into my routine, I tend to use it more at night as the last step in my routine and I always wake up with smoother and plumper skin.

The thing I love about this brand also is that the products are specifically targeted to particular skin types and concerns and it's easy for anyone to find something they would like.

For more information on the brand Click Here.


*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand, as always all opinions are my own and the image was shot and styled by me.