As the weather is cooling down in Melbourne and I am starting to reorganize my wardrobe with knits and cardigans, I am also changing my skincare routine to incorporate more hydrating products. My skin is mostly affected by weather changes and going from hot to cold has definitely had an impact on it as of late, which is why the Nutrimetics Basic range has easily slotted into my skincare routine.

The products in this range are all focused on nourishing and hydrating your skin, nobody loves an active or an exfoliant more than I do but in saying that I believe a skincare routine should be balanced with actives and products that hydrate your skin, soothe it and protect the skin's barrier.

Here are the current products from Nutrimetics that I have recently added to my routine, it's not that often that I get a range of products that easily slot into my routine but with these products, they have made great additions to my weather-ravaged skin.

Skin Clean Cleansing Milk: I always like starting my routine off with a cleansing milk in the cooler months, I still like a cleanser to cleanse my skin thoroughly but I find that with a cleansing milk it does that without stripping my skin or leaving it feeling tight after I rinse it off.

This cleanser contains Sesame Oil and Soybean Oil which provide antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that all help to protect and nourish the skin whilst cleansing.

It does a good job of removing makeup and it's quite rich but still gentle and works well on my skin morning and night.

Skin Fresh Toning Lotion: I always like to tone my skin with a mist after cleansing as I find it adds a layer of hydration to my skin and allows my other products to absorb better, it's also good to keep one by your desk or in your bag to keep your skin refreshed throughout the day and also helps to refresh your makeup.

This citrus-infused toning lotion from Nutrimetics is a lovely fine mist that uses a blend of Lemon Oil and Orange Blossom which work together to purify the skin and has antibacterial properties so great if you have breakout-prone skin. It also contains Chamomille which is well known for its soothing properties.

Apricot Facial Masque & Scrub: Whilst as I have gotten older and my skin has changed and I can't exfoliate as much as I used to, I am a huge believer in exfoliation and believe it can be very beneficial to the skin, especially if you have drier skin or your skin is more prone to drying out in winter as exfoliating can help slough away dry skin patches and as it cleans away dead skin cells it will help your hydrating products absorb better.

This Masque and Scrub from Nutrimetics uses fruit enzymes like Mango, Pineapple and Papaya that dissolve away dead skin cells which in turn help with skin texture and brightness, Apricot Kernel Powder works as a physical exfoliant to buff away dead skin and impurities and Kaolin Clay detoxifies.

The beauty of this product is it's up to you how long you leave it on for and can be easily slotted into your routine, with a product like this I'll put it on as soon as I wake up and let it sit on my skin whilst Im making my coffee and then hop in the shower and rinse it off.

Nutri Moist Moisturising Creme: A moisturiser is an essential product all year round but especially in the cooler months, even if you have oily or breakout-prone skin wearing a moisturiser can help keep your skin become nourished and balanced.

This one from Nutrimetics is lovely as it strikes that perfect balance of being moisturising but not too heavy, it helps to protect the skin with antioxidants whilst keeping the skin moisturised and the skin's barrier protected.

It's not a super active moisturiser which I personally like as I use active serums and it's nice to use a nourishing creme like this one to form a nourishing blanket over my skin and I really enjoy using this one.

For more information on the Nutrimetics Basics Click Here.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand, as always all opinions are my own and the image was shot and styled by me.