Cleanser:

*Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Wash: I have used this cleanser on and off for the last few years but in the last few months I have been using it consecutively as my morning cleanser and have seen great results from it, I know that it can be sometimes hard to see results from products like cleansers that aren't on the skin for long enough, but with this one I do.

It uses a Tri-Enzyme Technology that works to dissolve away dead skin cells which in turn helps with skin texture and evenness, with this cleanser what I like to do is apply it to damp skin before I get into the shower and let it sit on my skin whilst I am in the shower so that I am getting all of it's exfoliating properties.

Using this cleanser that way means that I am getting a good exfoliation without irritating my skin and it has helped with the texture and tone of my skin, even though I use this cleanser consecutively my skin always feels smoother and brighter when I use it. It also contains antioxidants which help to rid the skin of pollutants and uses ingredients to protect the skin barrier.


Makeup Remover:

*Dermalogica Oil To Foam Total Cleanser: I know that when it comes to makeup removal people like to use oils and balms but I personally prefer to use more of a gel-based cleanser when it comes to removing my makeup, in saying that though I still like and use oil cleansers I just prefer to use them as my main cleanse or as a second cleanse.

This year was the year that Dermalogica created in my eyes, the perfect hybrid cleanser. By hybrid, as the name suggests I mean that it's an oil and a foam that when applied to the skin feels like your regular gel cleanser but removes makeup and cleanses the skin like an oil would.

I like to slightly dampen my hands and apply a dollop size product and massage into my face, always being careful around the eye area and it does wonders at melting away my makeup and never leaving my skin feeling stripped or tight afterwards.


Physical Exfoliant:

Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste: [Product not pictured as I need to repurchase]. I know this is a bit of a controversial topic to talk about as I know that physical exfoliants can get a bad rap in the beauty community but I do believe that they have come a long way and if you can find one that works for your skin, I am a big believer in them and believe they can do wonders for your skin.

One of my favourites for years has been this one from Aesop, it's a super fine exfoliant that doesn't feel scratchy on the skin or like it's pulling your skin, it just gently glides over the skin offering a nice dose of exfoliation.

There's just something about this product, I use it every day before I get into the shower and no matter how consecutive I am with it I continue to get great results, it makes my skin look brighter, and feel smoother and when I go to apply my makeup it applies like a dream, almost like I have a primer on. It also contains Lactic Acid so I like to leave it on my skin for a few minutes to get the benefit of the chemical exfoliation.

I have used a lot of exfoliators in my time and this one stands the test of time, it is a little on the expensive side but honestly, nothing compares to it, and I don't say things like that lightly.


Chemical Exfoliant:

*Go-To Skincare Clarifying Exfoliator: This product from Go-To only launched last year but as soon as I tried it, I immediately liked it, to be fair from researching it I already knew I would love it. It's essentially a chemical exfoliant that you would use as a toner and this particular one uses Willow Bark and Salicylic Acid which work to clean deep down into the pores and fight breakouts, blackheads and skin texture irregularities.

It also contains Tasmanian Pepper Leaf Extract which contains a blend of antioxidants and vitamins to nourish the skin.

As you have gathered I am a regular exfoliant user and have had no issues with sensitivity with this product but if you are just starting maybe start slow and work your way up. This product has really helped to keep my breakouts and blackheads at bay and has also helped with preventing ingrown hairs from shaving.


Face Mist:

*Go-To Skincare Prep Step Hydrating Face Mist: I always use a face mist after cleansing morning and night as it adds an extra layer of hydration to my skin and it also helps the other products I use after it absorbs better, one that I have really enjoyed this year has been this one from Go-To Skincare.

It uses Hyaluronic Acid and Glycerin which work together to draw moisture into the skin alongside wild Rosella Extract to support the skin barrier and Tasmanian Pepper Leaf is known for its calming properties.

The mist is very fine and hydrates my skin nicely, I like the packaging as it's easy to keep in my bag to keep my skin refreshed throughout the day and overall it's just a lovely mist.


Serums:

Mecca Cosmetica Skin Brightening Vitamin C Serum: I have been through so many bottles of this I couldn't even tell you how many, I have tried other vitamin c products but for some reason, I just keep coming back to this, I think for the price and the ingredients it's a great vitamin c serum.

My skin responds really well to it and I never have any issues with it, it contains a blend of 15% L-Ascorbic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Vitamin E and Licorice Root Extract which all work together to brighten the skin and provide antioxidant protection. It does have a slightly oily consistency to it but I actually don't mind it and it does absorb quickly, it does have that typical vitamin c smell [if you know you know] which I know a lot of people aren't fond of but I actually like it and also like knowing that it hasn't been covered with fragrance.

My only criticism would be that once you open to bottle you need to keep using it as it does change colour quickly but I love it so much that that doesn't bother me as once I open it I just keep using it.


*Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum: I have been in and out of using retinol over the years but once I hit my thirties a few years ago, I started incorporating it more regularly into my routine. One of my favourites of the last year has been this one from Dermalogica.

It uses a 3.5% dose of Retinol alongside ingredients that help to smooth skin texture and even skin tone.

As I am someone who has used Retinol for a long time and also active ingredients for a long time, I never experienced any sort of sensitivity when using this but if you are a first-time Retinol user I would recommend starting slow and working your way up and always wear sunscreen on an everyday basis.

This serum has helped keep my skin texture even and I have noticed it has helped with pigmentation, as I mentioned for myself it is gentle enough to use nightly as my skin is well-prepped for it and I have enjoyed the results from it.


*Emma Lewisham Skin Reset Serum: Would it be a yearly favourites without this serum? Probably not. I have used and loved this serum practically since it launched, it has reached cult status and I can honestly say that it is worth all the hype it gets.

It's a serum that uses ingredients like Niacinamide and Vitamin C to help fight pigmentation and I can honestly say with continued use in conjunction with sunscreen it has done an amazing job of brightening my skin and fading my pigmentation.

This serum is also very nourishing and hydrating, I have oily combination skin and it suits my skin type perfectly, I always like having it in my routine and it's one product that I would never want to be without.


Moisturiser:

*Emma Lewisham Illuminating Brighten Your Day Crème: This moisturiser has been a daily essential for me, I use it after my sunscreen and before my makeup as it immediately gives my skin a beautiful glow and forms a nice base for my makeup but also looks lovely on its own. 

It uses Phytoactives and Vitamin C which help to brighten the skin and provide antioxidant protection, it uses ingredients that help to regulate sebum and oil production and a blend of AHA's and BHA's to gently exfoliate the skin which in turn helps with texture and tone of the skin, as someone who is breakout prone this has really helped to keep my breakouts at bay and never feels too heavy or clogging on my skin.

No matter what I use this on my skin daily and I can't see myself changing or my routine without it.

Eye Serum / Eye Cream:

Verso Super Eye Serum: I have only been using this eye serum for the last month but I had to include it in my favourites and it has made a huge difference to my under-eye area I am not going to lie I was a bit hesitant about using it as in the last year or so my eye area has become sensitive to eye products but I had no issue with sensitivity at all with this product.

It uses the brand's signature Retinol 8 Complex which helps to smooth fine lines and hyperpigmentation, an Antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from daily stresses and Peptides to help with puffiness and dark circles.

The thing I have found using this eye serum consecutively at night is how smooth it has made my under-eye area, I have noticed my fine lines have started to smooth out and my under-eye area feels firmer and stronger. I also like to use this serum beyond my eye area on any areas that are prone to crows feet as whilst I don't have crows feet yet, I am trying to prevent it as much as possible. Another thing I love about this product is that whilst yes it is on the luxe side of pricing it is a 30ml bottle which is double what you would normally get in a standard eye cream and I know for sure I will be repurchasing it.


*Emma Lewisham Skin Reset Eye Creme: One of my favourite launches from this year has been this eye cream from Emma Lewisham which like I mentioned with the above-mentioned product it has never irritated my under-eye area and has done wonders at keeping the skin under my eyes even toned and firm.

It uses a Hydration Complex which helps to hydrate and lock in moisture which my eye area desperately needs, an Antioxidant Complex works to protect the skin from daily stresses and a Strengthening Complex helps to smooth fine lines and strengthen the delicate eye area.

When using this eye cream consecutively it has helped to brighten my eye area and keep it hydrated and I have noticed it has helped with any fine lines I have.


Honourable Mention:

Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops: I didn't know what section to put this product in but I knew I had to put it in somewhere as it's a product I pretty much use on a daily basis, for those who don't know what this product is, it's basically a concentrated liquid bronzer that you can add to serums, moisturisers and base products to give your skin a bronzed glow.

In the mornings after I have applied my sunscreen, I mix a small amount of this product into my moisturiser and apply it over my face and neck, it gives my skin the most beautiful bronze without looking too orange or artificial, I am quite pale and these really help to even my skin tone and warm it up a bit. It forms a nice base for makeup and also looks good on its own.

They are also chock full of skincare ingredients like antioxidants, omegas and vitamins and I do believe they give my skin an extra hit of antioxidant protection and nourishment.

There are dupes but you can't beat this one, I know it's sold out a lot but if you can get it, get it. My only critique would be that I liked the old packaging with a pump but otherwise, they are perfect to me.


Simon x

*The products mentioned in this post that have been marked with an *asterisk have been sent to me via the brand mentioned, otherwise, products have been personally purchased by myself. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products have been tested by myself unless otherwise mentioned, all photos have been taken and styled by me unless mentioned otherwise.