Dr Naomi One Night Stand AHA Overnight Facial: If you know me then you know how much I love an exfoliant and any excuse to include a new one into my routine is a good one, the latest one that I have added to my routine is the One Night Stand AHA Overnight Facial from Dr Naomi which can be used as the last step in your skincare routine at night or used as a 15-30 minute mask if you are new to using actives.

It contains a blend of AHA's with one of the main ingredients being Glycolic Acid which helps with skin texture, brightness and breakouts. I have actually been using Glycolic Acid more and more in my routine as of late and it has done wonders for evening out my skin tone and texture.

I have been using active products for years now so my skin is a custom to them but if you are new to active products I would recommend starting slow and trying it like a mask and rinsing it off to see how your skin responds to it, even though I have only used it a few times I can already see a great difference in my skin and it gives my skin an amazing glow, in saying that though it is quite a potent product so I would definitely say to start slow and work your way up.

I like to keep my nighttime routine quite minimal and this product has easily slotted into my routine which means I can just cleanse, tone and apply this and be done with my routine before bed.

*Editors note: When using an active product such as this one, it's always important to wear an SPF on a daily basis to protect your skin.

Click Here To Purchase.

Dermalogica Stabilizing Repair Cream: If there is one important lesson I have learnt over all my years of using skincare products is that it's crucial to protect your skin's barrier and have products in your routine for the times when your skin is sensitive, those products for me have always been from the Ultracalming range by Dermalogica and their latest launch, the Stabilizing Repair Cream has been a godsend over the last few months in the wintertime and for the times when my skin needs some calming down.

The cream uses ingredients to help calm down redness and discomfort whilst strengthening the skins moisture barrier whilst being a hydrating and nourishing moisturiser, I have had some quite strong peels and maybe gone a bit heavy-handed with exfoliants over the last couple of months and whenever I have had any sort of sensitivity issues, this has really helped calmed my skin down.

The Ultracalming range from Dermalogica has always been my go-to for when my skin needs extra nourishment and always helps my skin when it is sensitized for whatever reason, I will always have products from this range in my routine.

Click Here To Purchase.

Réseaux Gentle Face Scrub: I know that physical exfoliants can be a bit of a controversial topic in the beauty world but I personally love them and think that if you can find one that works well for your skin and isn't too harsh on the skin, it can be a really beneficial product to have in your routine.

I really like this scrub in particular as it contains Pumice as the physical exfoliant but the base of the product is creamy meaning it doesn't scratch or pull the skin, it exfoliates nicely and effectively. 

It contains Lactic Acid and Salicylic Acid which work like chemical exfoliants, I like to massage this product into my skin and then leave it on for a few minutes to make sure I am getting all the exfoliating properties from it. It does wonders at keeping my skin texture even and helps the other products I use absorb better.

Click Here To Purchase.

Summer Fridays Rich Cushion Cream: Whilst we are currently in the Spring season in Australia, all Melburnians will know that the Winter season felt like an eternity which also meant my skin was put through the ringer due to heating and the constantly changing elements.

Even now in Spring my skin is still adjusting to the weather changes which is why I like it incorporate a rich moisturiser into my routine like this one from Summer Fridays which as the name suggests is a rich cream that helps to support skins natural moisture barrier, with a blend of antioxidants and soothing ingredients it does wonders at keeping the skin moisturised, comfortable and will help with any dry patches and redness.

Whilst this moisturiser is rich I don't find it overly heavy, I suppose depending on how much you use will depend on how heavy it is but for my oily combination skin type, it works an absolute treat.

Click Here To Purchase.

Charlotte Tilbury Unisex Healthy Glow Tinted Moisturiser: I have had this product on my wishlist for years now and as the weather has started to warm up in Melbourne I thought it would be a good option to have to wear instead of foundation on warmer days.

It's a tinted moisturiser that initially comes out white but once massaged into the skin the pigment begins to disperse and it changes colour, I have to be honest and say that whilst I like this product and I am not sure how it will be on other peoples skin tones but on my skin tone it leads borderline on the orange side which normally I wouldn't like but there's something about this product in particular that just makes my skin look like it has a tan.

I think the thing I like about it the most is that it's matte meaning that whilst it gives my skin a tanned look, it isn't shiny and I feel as if it will have more longevity to it than opposed to something more dewy. I don't want to say too many negatives about this product because I do like it but it is one of those products I would recommend trying a sample first and one that I know I will get the hang of after using it a few times.

Click Here To Purchase.


Simon x




*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products mentioned have been personally tested by myself and the image was shot and styled by me.