A Face Mist: Whilst a lot of people might skip the misting step or the traditional toner step in a skincare routine I actually think it's one of the most important steps as it adds an extra layer of hydration to your skin and also allows your other products to absorb better and therefore work more efficiently. A facial mist in my routine is non-negotiable and if for someone reason I don't use one I can notice a huge difference in how my products sit on my skin.

Product Recommendation: Caudalie Beauty Elixir.

I have used this mist for years and it's the one that I continue to repurchase, it contains a blend of essential oils and antioxidants that help to hydrate your skin and give it an immediate glow, I use it as part of my skincare routine and also over makeup to keep it looking fresh throughout the day.

An Antioxidant Serum: An antioxidant serum in my opinion is something that everybody should be using as antioxidants work to protect your skin from environmental stresses and things like blue light and pollution.

*Product Recommendation: Trinny London Boost Up 30% Vitamin C Serum.

This is a high dose Vitamin C serum that does wonders at brightening my skin and evening out my skin tone, it has no noticeable fragrance and is thicker than a normal serum making it very hydrating, I have already been through a couple of bottles of this and I know that it works well for my skin which is why I will continue to repurchase it, also nice knowing that the packaging is refillable. 

A Retinol: Retinol has always been an ingredient that I have used on and off in my mid-twenties but when I turned thirty a couple of years ago I started incorporating it into my routine more consistently, it helps with skin turnover and can also help with anything from uneven skin tone, texture irregularities and breakouts.

*Product Recommendation: Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum.

I have been using this serum from Dermalogica since it launched and it has helped to keep my breakouts at bay and with continued use, It has done wonders at evening out my skin tone, it contains a Retinoid Complex combined with Squalane that is a well know hydrating ingredient that also helps with skin texture. If you are new to Retinol I would recommend starting slow and building your way up when tolerated.

*Editors note: When using Retinol it's always important to wear sunscreen on a daily basis to protect your skin.

Click Here To Purchase.

A Moisturiser: Sounds like standard practice but over the years I have realized how important a moisturiser is in your routine, no matter what skin type you have. I have oily-combination skin and find that using a moisturiser daily, as long as I find the right formula and texture for my skin type, has been crucial in keeping my skin balanced and hydrated.

*Product Recommendation: Emma Lewisham Illuminating Brighten Your Day Crème.

I like this moisturiser for various different reasons, I like it, especially during the daytime as it contains a golden shimmer that immediately gives my skin a glow whilst Vitamin C and an AHA/BHA blend work to brighten, smooth and hydrate my skin. It's lightweight and absorbs beautifully into my skin, it looks lovely under makeup as a primer and looks just as nice on its own.

An Eye Cream: I hear about this constant debate all the time which is whether or not you need an eye cream or not, I personally like using an eye cream as I find the products contain ingredients that are targeted to specific concerns for that area and as I am in my early thirties now, it is the area where I am noticing the most difference in my skin which is why I am opting to use a targeted product.

*Product Recommendation: Summer Fridays Light Aura Vitamin C + Peptide Eye Cream.

I have really been enjoying this eye cream from Summer Fridays, especially in the mornings as it immediately brightens my eye area and also contains ingredients such as Vitamin C and Caffeine to help brighten and awaken your under eye area, it also sits really well under makeup.

A Sunscreen: Any routine isn't complete without sunscreen and for the last ten years or more it has always been the final step in my routine, I really like this one from Clinique as it absorbs well without leaving a white cast on my skin and makes a nice base for makeup to go on top of.

Product Recommendation: Clinique Superdefense City Block SPF 30.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post that have been marked with an *asterisk have been sent to me via the brand/pr, otherwise, they have been purchased by myself. All thoughts and opinions are my own and all products mentioned have been tested by myself and all photos have been taken by me unless mentioned otherwise.