SkinMTX Night Resurfacing Booster+: If you know me then you know how much I love an exfoliating product, especially when the product combines multiple exfoliating ingredients. The latest addition to my nightly skincare routine has been this Night Resurfacing Booster from SkinMTX which is a chemical exfoliant in the form of a serum that helps to slough away dead skin cells which in turn helps to brighten and smooth your skin.

It contains a blend of Mandelic, Glycolic and Lactic Acids as well as Salicylic Acid which is a great ingredient that goes deep down into the pores to give them a thorough clean.

The thing I love about this serum in particular is that whilst it contains all the exfoliating properties that I love it also contains various molecular weights of Hyaluronic Acid which help to keep the skin hydrated and plump.

I am someone who is constantly dealing with breakouts and texture irregularities and this serum has done wonders at targeting those issues.


CeraVe Skin Renewing Retinol Serum: As I am now in my early thirties I have started to take Retinol as an ingredient more seriously and use it most nights as part of my nightly skincare routine, for the last few weeks or so I have been using the Skin Renewing Retinol Serum from CeraVe which happens to be one of their more recent launches.

The thing about Retinol is that it can sometimes be irritating and I even know personally in the past that I have had issues using it but in the case of this one from CeraVe it actually contains ingredients such as Ceramides and Pre-Biotics which actually help to moisture and balance the skin's natural moisture barrier. It's been a great serum for me as whilst I mentioned above about having issues with Retinol my skin has responded really well to this serum and hasn't had any issues. 

All of the products that I have personally tried from this brand have been very moisturising and nourishing which is what the brand is known for which is why I believe I have had such success with this serum in particular. It has helped to smooth the overall texture of my skin and overall my skin looks more even and refined.

If you are new to using Retinol and want to include it in your skincare routine this would be one of the products I would personally recommend but also being new to it I would probably start incorporating it slowly into your routine to see how your skin responds to it and always make sure to be wearing sunscreen on a daily basis to protect your skin.


Medik8 Press & Clear: I talk a lot about exfoliation on this website and there are a lot of different ways to incorporate them into your routine, one of my favourite ways to incorporate a chemical exfoliant into my skincare routine is through a toner-like product. 

This tends to involve a liquid exfoliant that you apply to a cotton pad and swipe over your face being always careful to avoid the delicate eye area and contains either a single exfoliating ingredient or a mixture of a few different types of exfoliants.

In the case of Press & Clear from Medik8 the main ingredient is Salicylic Acid which is well known for its blemish-fighting and pore-clearing properties.

It happens to be one of my personal favourite ingredients as I am someone who suffers from breakouts constantly it really helps to fight that issue and my skin happens to get along with it really well. This product also contains Alpha Arbutin which works overtime to help fade post-blemish marks which since I turned thirty has been a massive issue for me, everytime I get a breakout once it has gone I get left with a red mark and this ingredient really helps to target this issue.

I like that this product targets both breakouts and the pigmentation from breakouts at the same time and on my skin has done wonders with both, it also contains ingredients that help to strengthen the skin's barrier and calm and hydrate the skin.


Minenssey Masks: Minenssey is a brand that I have had my eye on for a while but had never actually tried anything from the range, up until now. I was sent three masks from their range all providing various skincare benefits and being the beauty obsessive that I am, I immediately added all three into my routine.

The O-Polish Enzyme Resurfacing Mask contains a blend of chemical exfoliants [Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid] as well as Papaya Enzymes that work to dissolve away dead skin cells which in turn helps to brighten your skin and even out the overall texture of your skin, this is a really great mask to use when you want an instant pick me up.

Click Here To Purchase.

The Z-Night Restore Mask works to calm the skin and help to keep the skin barrier balanced, it also helps to give the skin a big hit of moisture when it needs it. This mask can be left on and rinsed off when needed or it can be used as an overnight mask as the last step in your skincare routine, lately, these types of masks have been working really well for me as we are in this transitional stage of weather. My skin can be easily prone to dehydration and this mask really helps to give my skin the hydration it needs.

Click Here To Purchase.

The T-Zone Pore Refining Mask contains some of my personal favourite skincare ingredients Salicylic Acid and Lactic Acid which work wonders at unclogging your pores and refining skin texture, this mask also contains Charcoal which is well known for drawing out any impurities that have built up in the skin, as I have an oily-combination skin type that is prone to breakouts this mask is perfect for my skin and has helped to keep my oily skin at bay, it can be used either all over or just in areas where it's needed.

Click Here To Purchase.

Beautè Pacifique: This brand is one of those brands that have been on my radar for quite some time now but have only recently tried, and I have to say my suspicions about the products being great are true and I am delighted that I have finally had the chance to try some products from the range.

When it comes to moisturiser I just want it to moisturise my skin, and that may sound simple but by that I mean because I use so many actives with my other products when it comes to applying my moisturiser I just want it to hydrate my skin and form a nice layer over my other products. That's where the Oil Free Moisturiser from Beautè Pacifique comes into its own.

It hydrates my skin without leaving it feeling too greasy afterwards, it sits well under makeup and on top of my other products and does a good job of keeping my skin hydrated throughout the day or night depending on when I use it.

Click Here To Purchase.

Ethique Nourishing Sweet Orange & Vanilla Butter Solid Body Butter: Body care is something that I am trying to be more diligent with lately and if I am being honest I like things that are super easy and quick to use, that's where this Solid Body Butter from Ethique comes into play.

As the name suggests it's a solid body balm that almost melts into the skin when applied and instantly leaves it feeling moisturised and smooth.

Being in a solid format tends to mean the product is extra nourishing so it works especially well on rougher areas such as knees and elbows, it's a really great product that I am happy to have in my routine and I like knowing I can easily reach for it and it works well for my skin.

Click Here To Purchase.

AHC Luminous Glow Real Eye Cream For Face: I was lucky enough to attend the event for this product launching into Australian Priceline stores a few weeks ago and I have to admit, I was immediately impressed by what I saw and once I had the chance to trial the products for a while I have also been very impressed with the products themselves.

One of the products that I know the brand is famous for is its Eye Cream For Face which I am not going to lie I was initially not sure on how to use it but luckily I attended the event and it was explained to me, in a nutshell, it's a cream that can be used under the eyes as well as all over the face.

Everybody responds to skincare differently and sometimes I use a product that just sinks into my skin and that's it but with this product, in particular, it instantly made my under-eye area look brighter and using it all over my face made me feel like I was using a makeup primer and I mean that in a good way. It made my skin feel instantly smoother and it almost had a velvety-like feel to it.

The cream itself contains antioxidants such as Vitamin C derivatives that helps to brighten the skin and protect from daily aggressors and Hyaluronic Acid works as a humectant to draw in moisture and keep it there, I have only been using this product for a few weeks now and I am really impressed with it and am happy to of had the chance to try it. It's a product that I keep on my vanity and one that I know I can easily reach for and know it will work for my skin.

Click Here To Purchase.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand/pr, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products that have been mentioned have been personally tested by myself unless otherwise stated. All photographs are my own unless otherwise stated.