Alpha Illuminator: When I turned thirty one of the biggest noticeable changes I saw in my skin was pigmentation, growing up having fair skin I have always had freckles which had never bothered me but lately I have noticed my skin has become a bit blotchy and I have had some post-inflammatory pigmentation which is those red marks left behind from previous spots.

The main ingredient in the Alpha Illuminator is Alpha Arbutin which works to brighten and even skin tone over time, I have used this ingredient before and have always had really great success from it, it works well at clearing up any post-breakout marks and overall works well at evening my skin tone.

I like using it in conjunction with other products like exfoliants and antioxidants and of course, sunscreen which all combined together work wonders at tackling my pigmentation concerns.


Alpha Optimal Brightener:  If it's summertime and my skin has been getting more sun exposure than normal or it's any time throughout the year where I notice that my skin is especially uneven, I like to use this product in conjunction with the above-mentioned Alpha Illuminator.

It again contains the wonder ingredient Alpha Arbutin to help brighten and even pigmentation over time, it absorbs beautifully into my skin and works well in conjunction with my other products.

This product combined with Alpha Illuminator works really well for my skin and using both in my routine has really helped to even my skin tone and I feel like I am doing the best I can for my skin.


Comedone Acti-Clear Lotion: As someone who has dealt with breakouts for the past eighteen years give or takes, I am always searching for a product to help combat this skin concern. In my daily skincare routine, I always include a serum that is targeted toward blemish-prone skin and this serum from SkinMTX has been my go-to as of late.

It contains a blend of Salicylic Acid which works to clean deep down into the pore and over time will help to fight breakouts and Tomato Juice which contains antioxidants that help to protect against environmental stresses which can also lead to breakouts.

The thing I love most about this serum, in particular, is that whilst it quite active and does wonders at clearing up my spots it also contains ingredients that help to calm and soothe the skin, sometimes if I use something that is too strong it can aggravate my skin and sometimes even make my acne worse but in the case of this serum, it doesn't leave my skin feeling overly sensitized which is why I love having it in my routine.


Potent C: I can't even remember when I first started incorporating Vitamin C into my skincare routine but I can tell you it has been a very long time, and to be honest I don't think ill ever not include it in my routine. 

Potent C from SkinMTX helps to brighten the skin, even pigmentation such as dark spots and freckles whilst being a powerful antioxidant that protects your skin from daily environmental stresses. I find this serum in particular also very hydrating which is helping my skin stay moisturised through the winter months but still light enough for my oily-combination skin type to use all throughout the year. 

As I am in my early thirties I can attest to the fact that I am dealing with different skin concerns as I was in my twenties and using a serum like this one is really good at targeting my personal skin concerns, I also find when using this serum regularly my skin feels firmer and has more resilience to it. It works really well with my other products and it's one that I reach for on a regular basis.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me for content consideration and inclusion, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products mentioned have been tested by myself unless otherwise mentioned. All words are my own and all images are shot and edited by myself unless mentioned otherwise.