I'm not gonna lie, I have never really been into haircare that much up until the last year or so but in saying that once I find something that I like I pretty much stick to it and don't stray too far from that routine. I have always been pretty lucky with my hair in terms of thickness and volume but as of late I have discovered certain issues with my hair that need addressing which is why I have been paying more attention to it as of late.

I used to just stick to the traditional shampoo and condition a couple of times a week when my hair needed it and that was where my hair routine ended bar a bit of dry shampoo here and there, lately I have been trying to be more diligent with what products I use and beyond my shampoo and conditioning routine I am trying to incorporate more treatment products into my regime.

When I saw The Ordinary was launching a haircare range I was definitely intrigued and after seeing other content creators review it I knew I had to get my hands on it.

The *Sulphate 4% Cleanser For Body and Hair has a light foam to it and does a good job of cleansing my hair without leaving it feeling stripped, it does also work very nicely as a body cleanser but I personally have been mainly using it as my shampoo. It's unscented and rinses cleanly out of my hair without leaving any sort of residue behind, I like that it's just a gentle shampoo that I can just easily grab in the shower and know that it works well with my hair.

The *Behentrimonium Chloride 2% Conditioner is probably one of the best conditioners I have used, and I don't say that kind of thing lightly. It's very moisturising but doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy or too greasy afterwards, again like the shampoo it's just a really easy product to use and I love the way it makes my hair feel.

The thing I love most about the shampoo and conditioner is that they are no fuss, they have no fragrance in them and they just do what they say on the packaging, sometimes it's nice to have products that just do what they are intended to do and these have really impressed me. Being The Ordinary they are also a very reasonable price and I honestly think for the price and the quality of the products they truly are a must-have, I know I will be repurchasing once I am done.

In terms of treatment products for hydration, I have been using the *Natural Moisturising Factors + HA that works by mimicking the Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane and Moisturising Factors that naturally occur from our skin and help to keep the hair and scalp moisturised. If there is one thing that I have learnt over the years when it comes to beauty products is that keeping your skin and hair hydrated is very important to your overall health of it and this serum has done an excellent job of keeping my hair and scalp hydrated and balanced.

Something that I have only recently discovered about my hair is some hair loss to which I am still discovering exactly what is causing it and will go into more detail once I know more myself, as I have always had quite thick and voluminous hair this is something that has taken me by surprise. Being the beauty writer that I am once I found out about this concern I immediately started researching products to help with the issue and the Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density from The Ordinary is a product that came highly recommended.

I have to be honest and say that I have only been using this product for the last couple of months and I think it's one of those things where I am seeing only a little difference so far but I know that I am going to continue to use it on a consistent basis to see more results in the future, one thing I have noticed is that it has made my hair stronger and have more of a resilience to it which is why I have faith and will keep using it to see prolonged results. Alternating this product with the above-mentioned serum has really helped to keep my hair healthy and balanced and both have been welcome additions to my hair care routine.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post that have been marked with an *asterisk have been sent to me via the brand/pr, otherwise they have been purchased by myself. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products mentioned have been personally tested by myself unless mentioned otherwise, all photographs have also been shot and edited by me unless mentioned otherwise.