*Carbon Theory Charcoal & Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar: As someone who is now in their early thirties and have had dealt with breakouts since my early teens I am always on the hunt for something new to try to help combat this issue, cleansing forms a huge part of my routine and it always helps to set my skin up for everything that follows.

The cleansing bar from Carbon Theory is a solid cleansing bar that you use by wetting first and then massaging the product into your skin as you would a regular cleanser, being of course careful around the eye area.

This cleansing bar contains Activated Charcoal which helps to draw out impurities and any excess oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil works as an antiseptic to fight breakouts and Shea Butter helps to add moisture to the skin whilst cleansing. All in all, this is a great cleanser if you have breakout-prone skin or have an oily skin type, using a cleanser such as this one is a great place to start in a blemish fighting skincare routine.

Click Here To Purchase.

*LushSticks Charcoal Clay Stick: As someone who has oily-combination skin I have found Charcoal to be a great ingredient to help absorb any excess oil and impurities that have built up in my skin and does an excellent job at keeping my breakouts at bay.

The charcoal really shines in this product, you use it by applying it to your skin avoiding the eye area directly from the stick and leaving it on for ten to fifteen minutes, then you rinse off and follow up with your skincare.

I like that this mask is purifying, exfoliating and moisturising all at the same time and being in the format that it is makes it really easy to use and incorporate into my routine.

Click Here To Purchase.

*Solid State Solid Shampoo: Part of the reason I was inspired to do a post about solid beauty is that the majority of the time products that come in a solid form, such as this solid shampoo, makes them a more sustainable option. 

You can use this solid shampoo bar by directly applying it to wear hair and or beard until the product starts to lather and then use it as you would a regular shampoo, it contains ingredients to help cleanse and nourish your hair.

The great thing is that as it's a solid bar it doesn't come with the usual packaging that a regular bottle would meaning it's a more sustainable option, having a more sustainable beauty routine is something that is really important to me and something that I am looking at more closely from now on and this product is a great place start.


*Solid State Absolute: Sometimes I carry a big bag and sometimes I carry a small bag, when I carry a small bag I try to find a fragrance that is small enough for said bag that I can take with me when I am on the go, that's where this solid fragrance from Solid State comes into its own.

As the name suggests it's a solid cologne housed in a small tin you apply to the regular pulse points you would with your fragrance, this scent in particular contains top notes of Pineapple, Lime, Apple, base notes of Birch, Oak Moss, Musk and a base of Vanilla, Ambergris and Jasmine.

It's a lovely fresh scent with added depth making it a true all-rounder, great to keep in your bag if you are trying to minimize how much you keep in your bag and of course great for travel.

Westman Atelier Lit Up Highlighting Stick in Nectar: When it comes to makeup some people like a matte finish and some like a dewy finish, I personally like to look as glowy and shiny as possible which is why a highlighter like this beauty from Westman Atelier is a staple in my routine.

It has a mixture of a rosy peach tint to it and as I have fairly light skin it looks pretty neutral on my skin, it gives my skin the most beautiful glow and lasts beautifully throughout the day.

It also contains skincare ingredients that help to keep your skin nourished whilst you are wearing it.

Click Here To Purchase.

*Glow Hub Face Mask Stick Nourish & Hydrate: I had been seeing this range pop up on social media and I was really excited to see it launch in Australia, one of the products that caught my eye is this face mask stick. The idea of a face mask in a stick format seems like a good option to me as you can easily apply it over your skin and let it work its magic, this one contains Kaolin Clay to draw out impurities alongside Hyaluronic Acid and Coconut Water to keep your skin hydrated.



Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post that have been marked with an *asterisk have been sent to me via the brand / pr, otherwise the product has been personally purchased by myself. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products mentioned have been tested by myself and all images have been shot by me unless otherwise mentioned.