*Trinny London Be Your Best Enzyme Balm Cleanser: I've used balm cleansers on and off over the years but as of late I have been using them on a more regular basis, whilst one of the most popular ways to use a balm cleanser is to remove makeup and whilst I do use one for that reason, I especially like using them as my main cleanser in the mornings or as a second cleanse after makeup removal.

One of my current favourites is this one from Trinny London and whilst it does do an amazing job of removing makeup, as it contains such active skincare ingredients I personally like using it as my main cleanse so that my skin is getting all the benefits from it.

Although cleanser is the product that stays on your skin the least, it's a step that is very important to me and sets my skin up for the products that follow. With this cleanser I can notice an immediate difference in my skin, it instantly makes my skin look brighter and the overall texture of it smoother. It contains a blend of Pineapple Enzymes that gently dissolve away dead skin cells alongside a Prebiotic Complex that works to support your skin's natural defences.

I love the way my skin looks after I use this cleanser and its one that I know I can always fall back onto and will always see great results from.

Click Here To Purchase.

Go-To Skincare Exfoliating Swipeys: I have been using these pads since the brand launched all those years ago and they have forever remained a mainstay in my beauty routine, my skin is a skin type that benefits from regular exfoliation and these make it easy to do so.

The main exfoliating acid in these pads is Lactic Acid which happens to be one of my favourites and go-to exfoliating ingredients as whilst it exfoliates by gently dissolving away dead skin cells, it's also very hydrating.

I use these normally in the mornings after I cleanse a few times a week and they instantly make my skin texture smoother and give me a lit from within glow, I also find that straight after I use this product my serums and moisturiser absorb into my skin better and even though I apply a serum or two and then moisturiser and sunscreen over it I can still see the glow shining through. 

As I said above I have used these for years and will continue to do so.

Click Here To Purchase.                                         

*Synergie Skin Blem-X: Having breakouts in my teens I never thought that I would still have issues with breakouts in my early thirties but here we are, and I know what a huge issue it is for people of any age. Being the beauty enthusiast that I am and also someone who is very invested in taking care of their skin this is an issue that bothers me relentlessly, but thankfully there are so many brilliant products out there that target this concern.

Everyone has different ways of treating their breakouts but for me personally, the way that I see the best results is from regular exfoliation, whether that is with a targeted product like a spot treatment or an all-over product such as a serum.

I have actually just noticed that I have a cluster of spots near my eyebrow and hairline and one of the products that is making a huge difference to my skin is this serum from Synergie Skin, it is a spot treatment and as I tend to have clusters of spots I will just apply it as the last step in my routine onto the area of concern.

It contains a blend of AHA's and BHA's [Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Malic Acid] which work together to dissolve away dead skin cells and get deep into the pores to clean them out, Liquorice Extract works to brighten the skin and help with pigmentation which is key for me as I tend to get some post-inflammatory pigmentation from previous spots whilst Aloe Vera helps to soothe and calm.

Click Here To Purchase.

Trinny London Overnight Clarity Retinal/Niacinamide Serum: My twenties involved experimenting with Retinol and my thirties have been the time when I have taken it more seriously and it has become a non-negotiable in my nightly skincare routine, there's just something about Retinol that as soon as I put it on my skin, and I don't know if I am just imagining it but I swear it instantly makes my skin look smoother and just gives my skin a bit of an oomph.

The latest one I have been using is this one from Trinny London, it does pack a punch so if you are new to using Retinol I would recommend starting off slow but my skin has become pretty tolerant to actives after using them for many years now.

It has done wonders at smoothing the texture of my skin and as I still get breakouts it really helps to calm them down, even when a new one happens to pop like it has recently around my hairline it immediately works at tackling my spots. As I have had issues with post-inflammatory pigmentation it also manages to stop that in its tracks and has helped with some previous post blemish marks.

It's a very lightweight serum that absorbs beautifully into my skin and sits well with my other products.

*Editors note: When using retinol or any sort of active it's always essential to wear an SPF on a daily basis, my recommendation would be at least a 30+ but I always personally wear a 50+ on a daily basis.

Click Here To Purchase.

Go-To Skin Care Very Lightweight Moisturiser: Moisturiser can be a bit of a tricky product for me, I have an oily-combination skin type that is prone to dehydration but can also be easily clogged up which is why a moisturiser like this lightweight one from Go-To Skincare fits into my routine beautifully.

They only launched this product recently but as soon as it was available I immediately purchased it, and I am so glad that I have gotten to the point in my life where I can trust my gut and most of the time it pays off like it did with this. As it's winter in Australia my skin is a bit more on the drier side and this has really helped to add moisture to my skin without leaving it feeling too clogged or looking too shiny.

It sits beautifully on top of my other skincare products as well as lovely under my makeup, it contains a blend of Ceramides that work to add hydration to the skin, Provitamin B5 soothes, Clover Flower Extract balances sebum production and Hyaluronic Acid and Aloe Vera hydrate and soothe.

This moisturiser ticks all of my boxes when it comes to what I want in a product and a bonus is that it is refillable meaning you can keep your original jar and just repurchase an insert, as you all probably know by now sustainability in my beauty products is something very important to me and something I am trying to focus more on.

Click Here To Purchase.

Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post that have been marked with an *asterisk have been sent to me via the brand / pr, otherwise the products have been purchased by myself. As always all opinions and thoughts are my own and all products mentioned have been personally tested by myself unless otherwise stated, all images have also been shot by me unless mentioned otherwise.