Breakouts have unfortunately been a part of my life since my early teens, and it's something I am still dealing with in my late twenties. My grooming routine revolves around keeping my breakouts at bay and thankfully over the years I have found what ingredients and products work for my skin.

One of my personal favourite skincare brands Dermalogica has recently added two new products to their Active Clearing range, The Age Bright Clearing Serum and Age Bright Spot Fader that both work to target breakouts and post-breakout marks.

I have been using both products in conjunction with each other for quite some time now and can honestly say they have made a huge difference to my skin.

Age Bright Clearing Serum:

I have been using this serum at night after I cleanse and tone and before my moisturiser, It's super lightweight in consistency and instantly absorbs into my skin. It contains one of my personal favourite blemish-fighting ingredients Salicylic Acid which is a Beta Hydroxy Acid that exfoliates your skin and gets deep down into the pores to clean them out and clear breakouts.

It also contains Phytoactives from the Resurrection Plant that helps to hydrate the skin and that's one of the things I love most about this serum, anti-blemish products can sometimes be drying on the skin but with this serum, I actually feel like it is keeping my skin hydrated whilst targeting my breakouts.

Niacinamide and White Shitake Mushroom also help to brighten and even skin tone.

I have found this serum really good at calming down my breakouts and keeping my skin even toned, I love how lightweight it is and how quickly it clears up my breakouts.
Age Bright Spot Fader:

I have been using this product to spot treat breakouts but also to target any leftover marks from previous breakouts, I have had a couple of larger spots over the past year or so that has left marks and uneven skin texture behind and this in conjunction with the above-mentioned serum has really helped to even out the texture and of my skin and any post-breakout marks that have been left behind.

It contains Salicylic Acid that helps to clear the breakouts alongside Niacinamide and Hexylresorcinol which helps to fade post-breakout marks. When I have a breakout I like to apply this product directly to the area and find it clears the breakout quickly without over-drying the area.
Click Here To Purchase.

Overall using both products in conjunction with each other over the past few months has really helped to keep my breakouts at bay and the texture and tone of my skin even. Dermalogica has been a brand I have used for over 15 years now and it's a brand that I know the products work really well for my skin and these two products have made great additions to my routine.


It's important to be wearing SPF all throughout the year no matter the season but especially important when using active ingredients, my personal favourite is the Dermalogica Prisma Protect.

For more information on Dermalogica Click Here.

Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand, as always all products have been personally tested by myself.