As someone who has loved beauty for a very long time and has been a part of the industry for some time now, I often hear the term 'Icon' or 'Cult Classic' being thrown around and whilst I have used a lot of these products that fit into these categories there are some definite standouts and ones that I can 100% standby. One of those products is the Lotion P50 by Biologique Recherche.

I have actually had the product in my routine for years now but up until recently when I got the chance to have a facial with Biologique Recherche I got the opportunity to have a skin consultation which also prescribed me the right products for my skin type and needs and also which P50 is right for me as there are different versions for different skin types.

For those who don't know what this product is or have never heard of it before, with honour I would love to tell you about it. Essentially it is an exfoliating toner that you would use after cleansing, it can be used morning and night if tolerated but I personally only use it at night. I don't combine it with any other sort of exfoliating product [i.e; retinol, exfoliating serums] and I limit the use of physical exfoliants, this is my main form of exfoliation in my routine. I do use a retinol serum a couple of times a week but never in the same routine as the P50.

I have been using the P50W formula which is what was recommended for my skin type and needs, I have noticed when using it that I don't breakout like I normally would and it has also helped with past breakouts and any pigmentation left behind from previous spots. Overall it has kept my skin balanced and purified, my skin has never been better since using this and it's the one product that is a complete non-negotiable in my routine for me.

If you can I would recommend getting a skin consultation with the brand to see what product is right for you, they have clinics all around Australia which you can find on their website as well as online skin consultations. 

I have seen great results from using this product and as someone who used to use a physical exfoliant daily and has now changed to using this, my skin has done a complete 360 in terms of overall skin health and balance. I know for sure once I finish my bottle I will repurchase and whilst it is on the luxury price scale I can 100% stand by it and will always have a bottle in my routine.

For more information on the brand, Click Here.

Simon x

*blog partner.