As you are all well aware taking care of my skin is very important to me, although it is part of my job to trial various products for review I do try my best to stick to a consistent skincare routine. As much as a homecare routine is important I truly believe that it's also important to incorporate in-clinic treatments.

If you are someone who is starting out with skincare or just want to know more about your skin, it would be beneficial for you to go into a clinic and have a skin consult. 

For the past few months I have been visiting the lovely ladies at St.Skin and I have really enjoyed all the treatments and advice that they have given me, they really took the time out in my initial skin consultation to talk about the skincare I am currently using, my diet and lifestyle as well as my skin concerns.

The thing I love most about St.Skin is their approach to treatments, they are all about healing the skin and getting it ready for more advanced treatments. I started off by having LED treatment once a week and then moved on to having them twice a week, I really noticed a huge difference in my skin, my blemishes had gone down significantly and my skin had an overall glow it.

Alongside the LED treatments I had a few peels here and there based on how my skin was at the time, the girls there are really good at observing your skin and working out what products and treatments would suit at the time.

Below I have asked a few questions about the LED treatment.

First of all, can you give my readers a quick overview of the LED treatment?

LED or light emitting diode is a very effective and non-invasive skin treatment that is used today to treat various skin conditions. LED works on a cellular level to stimulate collagen, reduce inflammation and fights acne bacteria making it a quick skin rejuvenation treatment without any downtime.

Here at St Ski,n we use Healite II, which has 3 wavelengths blue 415 nm, red 633nm and 830 with 590nm. Each light has different features to improve skin conditions such as rosacea, dermatitis, psoriasis, and acne.

I know from having my treatments there are different coloured lights used, can you explain what the different lights do and how they benefit the skin? 

The red light is miraculous for stimulating collagen and elastin as well as increasing the rate of cellular renewal within the skin. This also helps to increase the blood flow giving the skin an instant glow as it increases the hydration levels within the skin.

Blue Light is used to treat Acne, The 415 nm is specific to inhibit acne bacteria and therefore reducing the number of acneic lesions.

The Infrared with 590 which is called 830 light, is great to increase blood and lymphatic flow, treat acne, reduces pain, increase wound healing, reduces inflammation of the muscle and joints as well as providing skin rejuvenation.

How many sessions do you recommend having?

Depending on the skin condition a course of LED is recommended which includes 2 sessions per week for 5 weeks. During the treatment plan we usually use different lights to treat and deliver cellular changes to the skin.

LED can be used on different body parts not only the face and can be used to treat multiple areas of the skin. LED can vary from 9 to 22 mins depending on the intensity and wavelength required.

I know the LED treatment is very popular at St.Skin, can you tell me why you and your clients love it so much?

Our client’s absolutely enjoy having LED because of its warmth feeling; it is a super popular treatment to have lunchtime. Clients notice an improvement in the skin tone and hydration after each session.

It is also very popular to have a course of LED for our brides to be.

I think it's important when it comes to your skin to find people you trust and ones that truly care about the wellbeing of your skin, I can't recommend the ladies at St.Skin enough, they are highly knowledgeable and truly care about the health of your skin.

St. Skin
304 Flinders Lane
Melbourne 3000
Victoria, Australia

Thank you to the team at St.Skin for everything you have done for me and for taking the time out to answer questions for this story.

Simon x


*Main image provided by St.Skin and Inka Creative.