(*This post was created in collaboration with Ozmedica.)

A couple of weeks ago I visited the Ozmedica clinic in Malvern to have a DermaSweep treatment, my clinician was Anu who specializes in Skin, Waxing and Lymphatic Massage at the clinic. Anu ran me through the treatment and took the time to look at my skin and chat to me about my skin concerns, based on this she performed the DermaSweep treatment along with Lymphatic Massage and an Infusion targeted for my skin concerns.

I felt really comfortable chatting to Anu about my skin concerns and could tell that she was someone who really cared about skin and her clients getting great results from the treatments she performs.

I got the chance to interview Anu and ask her some questions about the treatment I had on the day, here are her responses.

Overview of the treatment?

Simon’s treatment involved a combination of Dermasweep microdermabrasion and lymphatic massage. The Dermasweep facial treatment combines microdermabrasion exfoliation with the application of skin specific infusions that result in fresher and healthier skin. The vacuum wand stimulates blood flow, lymph flow and deep cleanses the skin. It encourages collagen formation and subsequently firms and tone the epidermis skin. The lymphatic massage is an add on service that helps stimulate blood flow and relieves tension in the face and head that are caused by daily stresses, colds and/or sleeplessness.

Who would best suit the treatment?

The treatment would suit almost anyone because we are all exposed daily to numerous environmental conditions which can affect the moisture balance in our skin. The treatment is particularly important for anyone who experiences the following: 

Pigmentation 

Fine lines

Laxity

Oily skin 

Acne

Hormonal skin conditions

Darkness under the eyes 

Anti-ageing

Are there any requirements before the treatment?

The only requirements we request from customers is to ensure they have not been sun burnt in the last 7-14 days and for males to ensure they shave before coming into the clinic.

Is there any down time?

There is no down time, however we do advise to avoid direct sunlight for a few days. Always use SPF to protect the skin and maintain the healthiness of the skin after the treatment.

How long until I see the results?

Results are seen immediately and you will notice the skin looking brighter, refreshed and smooth.

How many treatments would you recommend having to maintain results?

The skin will look refreshed and clear after just one treatment; however we recommend treatment every four weeks to get the best results. If the treatment is for a special occasion, we recommend having the treatment a fortnight beforehand.

Home care products after treatment?

Follow your normal skin routine, keep hydrating and always apply SPF.

Can makeup be applied straight after the treatment?

Makeup can be used straight after the treatment as desired.

In regards to home care is there anything I should not be putting on my skin straight after the treatment?

Avoid using AHA products, Retin-A, Scrubs, facial wax or any other exfoliating products or treatments for 4-7 days.

What other treatments do Ozmedica offer?

Facials

Dermapod

Chemical peels 

Cosmetic Injections

Sculpture (body sculpting and fat reduction)

Waxing

Highlight treatment Winter facial

Hyla 3D HA activating complex facial is a hydrating facial where hyaluronic acid is used to restore the volume to the skin and provide deep, long lasting hydration. Advanced peptides and anti-oxidants are applied to boost the skins benefits. The main benefits of this facial is to reduce fines lines and wrinkles resulting in a more youthful contoured look.

I have recently done a lot of traveling and long haul flights, I noticed my skin was definitely in need of some extra hydration and a good thorough cleanse, The treatment I had on the day gave my skin a really good clean and I could definitely notice it was more hydrated and had an overall glow to it.

I saw results instantly after my treatment and also continued to see results days after, the results kept on getting better. I am someone who suffers from texture irregularities, milia, and blackheads and I can 100% say that the treatment helped with those concerns. My skin can become quite congested and the DermaSweep treatment really helped give my skin the cleanse it needed, even a couple of weeks after the treatment my skin feels clearer and a lot smoother.

For more information on Ozmedica Click Here.

Oz Medica Clinic
1356 High Street
Malvern Vic 3144

If you would like to try the DermaSweep treatment for yourself, the Ozmedica team is offering you 30% off the price of the treatment with an added infusion, the treatment is normally $150 but with the gift code it will be $100. All you have to do is call the clinic on 1300 017 546 and mention the code “SKINCARE OBSESSIVE”. If you have ever wanted to try the DermaSweep treatment then now is a good opportunity to do so.

*Gift code is only valid for the DermaSweep treatment with infusion and ends 30/8/2017.

Have you ever tried the DermaSweep treatment? Let me know below if you have.

*This post was created in collaboration with Ozmedica.

I would like to thank the clinic for taking care of me and to Anu for answering all the questions.

Simon x