Sukin is a brand that I have been introduced too in the past year or so and to be honest I wish I had gotten on the bandwagon a lot sooner, the brand is known for it's natural skincare that doesn't cost the earth which just goes to show that you don't have to spend a lot of money to achieve great results.

I believe that no matter what skin type you are it's always good to add some sort of hydrating product into your routine, I know for me personally I don't drink as much water as I probably should (Side note: I'm working on it!) so any sort of hydration I can get from my skincare products is a bonus.


As apart of the BEAUTYDIRECTORY Expert Blogger Panel I have had the chance to trial the Hydrating Facial Masque from Sukin, it's a rich balm like consistency that instantly makes the skin feel refreshed and hydrated. The brand recommends applying the product to damp skin after cleansing and leave on for up to fifteen minutes and then rinse off, I like doing this if I'm in a rush and want to move straight into makeup removal but if you have a bit more time I personally like to leave the mask on like a moisturiser over night or even just left on when I'm at my desk to make sure my skin stays hydrated throughout the day.

One thing I love about the product is that when you apply it to the skin it is completely transparent which makes it great to wear on planes or long journeys to lock in moisture and deeply nourish the skin.

Ingrdients:

The mask contains a whole host of nourishing ingredients like Mango Extract which contains Vitamins A, B & C as well as Phenolic Acids and Carotenoids all of these ingredients combined will help protect the skin from free radical induced damage and with continued use will help boost the skins immune system, the Vitamins A & C in this masque will also help to clear clogged pores, tone the skin and reduce acne.

Mango Butter softens the skin with C18 Fatty Acids and Triglycerides, Olive Oil works to soften, moisturise and help with the appearance scars, Papaya Extract contains Vitamins A, B & C, Magnesium and Potassium all help to nourish the skin and the Papaya which contains Papain which is an enzyme that helps to reduce redness and puffiness.

Pineapple Extract is rich in Vitamin B helps to improve the skins barrier function and helps to reduce redness and irritation, it also contains Vitamins A & C, Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic & Citric) and Bromelain is an enzyme that helps to reduce inflammation and swelling.

Avocado and Jojoba Oils both help to moisturise and nourish the skin, Avocado Oil contains Vitamins A, C, D and E, Proteins and Fatty Acids and Jojoba Oil works as an emollient with a high vitamin content that helps to protect the skin and restore it's natural PH levels.

My thoughts:

When I first used the mask I loved how refreshing was on my skin and it instantly felt soothed and hydrated, as I said earlier it's completely clear on the skin so it almost feels like your wearing a really hydrating moisturiser. After I rinsed the mask off my skin felt nourished and the products I used afterwards absorbed really well, A big bonus for me was how firm my skin felt afterwards which was a nice suprise.

I believe that if you use a mask like this a few times a week it will help to hydrate your skin and keep it soft and supple, FYI I'm wearing the mask while writing this post and I love knowing that my skin is reaping all of it's hydrating and nourishing benefits while I'm typing away.

*The mask will be available from Late March / Early April 2016 from Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, Major and Independent Pharmacies and Health Food Stores.

For more information on Sukin Click Here.

To visit the BEAUTYDIRECTORY website Click Here.


Sx.