As I explained in my Cleanser post I use a separate cleanser to remove makeup as for makeup removal I prefer more of an oil/balm formula. The makeup removers that I do use are only used for makeup removal and are normally followed by another cleanser to make sure everything is removed and my skin is cleansed. Most of these cleansers unless mentioned I like because they can be used around the eye area.


The way to use a cleansing oil/balm is to apply to dry hands and massage over a dry face, even over makeup as the oil will dissolve it, then emulsify with warm water and rinse off by hand or with a flannel.

THE MAKEUP REMOVERS:

Dermalogica Pre Cleanse:
A lightweight oil based cleanser with apricot, olive and kukui oils is thin in consistency and spreads over the face evenly, will break down makeup.
www.dermalogica.com.au

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel:
Again one of my favourite products, does have a foam to it and for me is really good at removing makeup and is good for those who don't like using a balm or oil, I sometimes add a face oil to this to make it into a more oily cleanser.
www.dermalogica.com.au

L'Occitane Immortelle Oil Makeup Remover:
I pump about two pumps of this oil into my palms and massage all over and emulsify with water, has the standard L'Occitane fragrance which is lovely, rinses clean.
www.au.loccitane.com

Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip:
This is not supposed to be used as a makeup remover per say but when I'm travelling this is perfect as it removes makeup and nourishes the skin, suited for a more combination oily skin type.
SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser:
I mentioned this in my first cleanser post and as much as I love this as a skin cleanser it also works really well as a makeup remover, for me it's fine to use around the eyes but if you have more sensitive eyes I would be extra careful.
www.sk-ii.com.au