Cleanse: As always cleansing is the first step in any skincare routine and in the winter months I like to change my cleanser from a gel or a foam to a more milk-based cleanser, I find this helps to keep my skin cleansed and balanced but also nourished and not stripped. 

Product Recommendation: Micellar Prebiotic Precleanse.

This Precleanse from Dermalogica is lightweight but very nourishing on the skin, it does a really good job of removing my makeup and not leaving my skin feeling dry or tight afterwards. It contains nourishing ingredients like Murumuru Butter and Apricot Kernel Oil to moisturise the skin whilst a Prebiotic Blend helps to reinforce the skin's microbiome.

Click Here To Purchase.

Exfoliate: Exfoliating forms a huge part of my routine and it's something that I personally do all year round but I think that it is even more important in the winter months as our skin gets drier and regular exfoliation will help remove any dry flakes and will help your other hydrating products absorb better.

Product Recommendation: Daily Milkofoliant.

Regular fans of the original and iconic Microfoliant will love this new addition to the range that contains extra hydrating properties, it contains a blend of Oats and Coconut alongside AHA's and BHA's that help to exfoliate the skin to help with brightness and skin texture whilst containing ingredients to help calm the skin, perfect for the colder months.

Click Here To Purchase.

Mist: Using a face mist after cleansing is a great way to add an extra layer of hydration after cleansing and it also helps to set your skin up for the products that follow.

Product Recommendation: Hyaluronic Ceramide Mist.

This is the mist I have been using of late after cleansing morning and night and I love how much hydration it gives to my skin, it contains Hyaluronic Acid which helps to draw hydration into the skin and strengthen the skin's barrier and Rosewater contains antioxidants to nourish and soothe the skin.


Serum: No matter what time of year it is I always believe in keeping your skin hydrated, more so in the wintertime. Using a serum with Hyaluronic Acid is a great way to amp up the hydration in your skincare routine and if you are using it in the form of a serum it's normally very lightweight in consistency making it easy to incorporate into your already established or new routine.

Product Recommendation: Circular Hydration Serum.

I have been using this serum from Dermalogica for the last few months morning and night and it has really helped to add hydration to my skin and as it's very lightweight and absorbs instantly, it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin and slots into my already established skincare routine. 

It contains Hyaluronic Acid to draw moisture into the skin as well as ingredients to help balance the skin's microbiome, I love the texture of this serum as it absorbs really well into my skin and isn't greasy to too heavy, it just absorbs immediately and then I can follow up with my other products.


Moisturiser: Moisturiser sounds like an obvious one but can sometimes be overlooked, no matter what skin type you have, even if it's oily-acne prone I personally think you should incorporate a moisturiser in your routine, I think the most important thing is getting one for your skin type. A moisturiser will help add hydration to your skin and also helps to seal in everything you have used before it, even though I have an oily-combination skin type I still use a moisturiser morning and night.

Product Recommendation: Intensive Moisture Balance.

I have used this moisturiser since it launched and it has become a true staple in my beauty routine, I like it because it strikes that perfect balance of being moisturising whilst not too heavy or greasy on my skin. My skin absolutely drinks this moisturiser up and there is just something about it that my skin responds really well to and it's the product that I know I can always fall back onto.

It's very calming and nourishing to the skin and helps with barrier recovery, it's helping my winter-damaged skin stay hydrated and balanced but also works really well all throughout the year no matter the season.



Simon x



*The products mentioned in this post have been sent to me via the brand/pr, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own and all products have been personally tested by myself unless otherwise mentioned, and all photos have been taken and edited by me unless otherwise stated.