I know it sounds really cliche but the truth of the matter is beauty really does start from within, I notice a big difference in my skin when I'm eating badly, not sleeping well and not drinking enough water (but drinking way too much coffee). Those who know me well know that I eat reasonably healthy, I will be honest and say that I do have my cheat days and enjoy a bowl pasta with a glass of vino.

In the past year or so I have been incorporating various beauty powders and supplements into my routine, I tend to mix these into some sort of smoothie in the morning or use them in recipes for cakes and muffins. Since I have started using these products I have noticed a significant difference in my overall health but also it has made a tremendous difference to my skin.

Here are the beauty powders and supplements I'm currently using on rotation:

This product has been a staple in my routine for quite sometime now, the powder itself blends into any smoothie or juice and has a nice berry taste to it. It contains a blend of Pre and Probiotics, Twenty Three Superfoods and the brands unique Natural Mother Culture.

On the front of the tin there's the word GLOW in big letters, and I can be a witness to the glow this powder gives to your skin. I find it also helps with any stomach issues I may have and keeps me quite full throughout the day.

First of all I love how this comes in individual sachets which means you know the perfect amount to use and since I travel so often it's the perfect thing to pack away without taking up too much room. The product comes in various different flavours but at the moment I'm trialling the blueberry flavour, as we all should know blueberries have a multitude of beneficial properties for our health and also for our skin.

Blueberries contain Vitamin C which regular readers of my site will know is one of my favourite skincare ingredients, this powder helps to increase collagen levels, add hydration and works to firm and plump the skin.

I personally like to mix this into my daily smoothie or juice or if I haven't got the time to make anything it easily blends into water which will also help with your hydration levels. I find this powder works really well at blending into juices and smoothies but my favourite way to have it is mixed into yoghurt as a snack, the powder blends really well and adds a nice flavour.

I love using this product in particular when my skin is having issues and needs a bit of an extra helping hand, it contains a blend of Superfoods and Ancient Chinese Herbs that help to detoxify and purify the skin and helps to remove toxins.

It contains Flaxseed Meal, Bee Pollen, Schizandra, Amla Berry, Camu Camu and Pomegranate. 

I like using this in green juices and berry based smoothies.

This contains a blend of Organic Green and Red Phytonutrients, Organic Superfoods, Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs, Enzymes and Antioxidants.

This powder helps to cleanse and detoxify the body, hydrates and energises and anti ages.

I like mine best mixed into green juices or green based smoothies.

So, tell me, what is your favourite smoothie recipe?


Simon x