HOW I GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.


For as long as I can remember I have always followed a strict skincare routine, but there are certain lifestyle factors that take a toll on your skin. Things like environmental stress, not getting enough sleep and not drinking enough water can take a massive toll on your skin and general wellbeing.

One of the things I try to do is get a good night sleep, I really notice a difference in my skin and general wellbeing when I have had a good nights sleep. This is sometimes easier said then done, we are all so busy these days and never seem to switch off, but we must remember to take care of ourselves and get at least eight hours of sleep each night.

Here are my top tips to getting a good nights sleep:

1. Silk Pillowcases:
Sleeping on a silk pillowcase not only looks good aesthetically but also has proven beauty benefits, they work to keep the skin hydrated throughout the night and won't leave as many creases on the skin.  Im someone who suffers from oily skin and breakouts, another benefits of having a silk pillowcase is that they are Hypoallergenic, they also help with hair breakage and make hair less frizzy which for someone like me with crazy hair is a godsend.

I don't know how I lived without a silk pillowcase for so long, they are so comfortable to sleep on and I definitely have noticed a difference in my skin and hair.
Product Recommendation: Shhh Black Marble Silk Pillowcases.

2. Pillow Spray:
Speaking of pillows, if I'm having an extra hard night getting to sleep I like to spray a pillow spray over my pillow. This one from This Works contains Lavender, Vetivert and Wild Chamomile which instantly sends me into a deep slumber.
Product Recommendation: This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray.

3. A Warm Shower:
In winter especially I love having a warm shower with a really relaxing shower gel, I love using this one from Clarins at night as the fragrances really help me to drift off into a deep sleep.
Product Recommendation: Clarins Relax Bath & Shower Concentrate.

4. My Skincare Routine:
At the end of the day I always remove my makeup from the day, I feel like this step makes me feel more relaxed and helps me to detach from the day wether it had been a working day or a day out and about. At the moment my quick night time routine consists of This Works Light Time Cleanse and Glow: I love using a balm cleanser at night and this particular cleanser has a really beautiful fragrance and texture to it that gently cleanses and prepares my skin for what follows.

I love using a face oil at night to help hydrate and nourish my skin, at the moment I'm using Sunday Riley Sleeping Night Oil: which really helps to calm down any redness on my skin and give my skin a dewy finish by morning. You can also spend some time massaging the oil into the skin, this will also help you to relax.

I always finish my routine with a moisturiser, at the moment I'm using the Kiehl's Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment as I still get the occasional hit of adult acne and this really helps to keep my blemishes at bay.


Share:
© The Skincare Obsessive | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig