Day Time Serums.

I know I have said before that cleansing is the most important part of your routine and I still stick by that life rule, but if that's the case then serums are the second most important part of your beauty routine. Serums are normally thinner in consistency to moisturisers, this means that they absorb quicker and deliver all of their nutrients deep down into the skin.

I use a serum twice a day on top of toner or exfoliating pads and underneath my moisturiser and or SPF and of course under a facial oil at night.

Here are my current favourite morning serums:

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic: A cult classic for a reason, this helps to protect from free radical damage and UV radiation. I also find it really good at brightening my skin and help keeping it balanced.
Medik8 C E Thione: This serum contains 15% Stabilised Vitamin C which works to protect, brighten, firm and helps with texture and firmness. It sits beautifully under creams, oils and sunscreens.
Hylamide Booster C25: To me this serum has quite a velvety like feel to it so you can imagine how beautiful it sits under other products, even when I'm in a rush I apply this and then apply foundation and it sits beautifully on top of it. This serum really helps with dullness, fine lines and texture.
Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate Oil: I know this is classed more as an oil but it is super lightweight and to me feels like a serum on my skin, it helps to protect the skin from daily aggressors and adds a healthy glow to the skin. My skin drinks this oil up and it always gives good glow, I sometimes even mix a drop into my foundation for a more dewy effect.
Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Radiance Booster: Last but definitely not least this serum is great because you can use it on it's own or mix it into any other product to help give it a boost, it really helps to add luminosity to the skin whilst also firming and resurfacing.

What are your current favourite serums? And do you get the feeling I'm obsessed with brightening serums? because I am.

Simon x
Share:
© The Skincare Obsessive | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig