GROOMING.

How To: Get A Close Shave with Dermalogica Skincare.



Shaving is one of the most important parts of my routine, but unfortunately for me my skin doesn't like me when I shave, I end up in a rash and normally a few lovely breakouts that I didn't ask for, I know how rude. Im constantly looking for products that will help to ease the discomfort and irritation that comes along with shaving and the Dermalogica line of shaving products definitely helps my skin along the way.

Today I'm going to take you through a few essential steps that every man should do before, after and during the shaving process.

Continue reading to see my tips and tricks...


1. Exfoliate:

It's crucial to exfoliate your skin before shaving as it sloughs away any dead skin lying on the surface and clears out the pores leading the way for a closer shave, exfoliating before you shave will also help you from getting nasty ingrown hairs.
Product Recommendation: Dermalogica Daily Clean Scrub.

2: The Shaving Cream:

Shaving cream is probably the most important part other than your razor of course! It's really important to choose a formula that contains soothing ingredients like tea tree and or aloe vera as this will help to soothe any irritation whilst shaving.
Product Recommendations: Dermalogica Invigorating Shave Gel and Dermalogica Soothing Shave Cream.

3: After Shave Lotion:


After you shave your skin can become quite dry due to irritation so it's important to apply a balm that contains ingredients like Liquorice and Horse Chestnut that will help calm down irritation and moisturise the skin.
Product Recommendation: Dermalogica Post Shave Balm.

4: Protect:


When you shave your pretty much manually exfoliating the skin which makes it more sensitive to the sun, to finish off your routine use a moisturiser with at least an SPF of 15 to protect the skin for the sun, this will also help to further reduce any inflammation.

These are my top tips for getting a closer shave, I hope that they have helped you.

For more information on Dermalogica Click Here.

Sx.

Share:
© The Skincare Obsessive | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig